Earlier the only people who used to avail of vehicle shipping facilities were either the manufacturer or the car dealer. Nowadays however it has become quite the opposite with deliveries being made and received by common vehicle owners. When you have something as important to ship as a vehicle it is best to go with a shipping company that has experience and a good reputation for shipping vehicles. This is because you would not really want your vehicle to be stopped at the port due to customs clearance issues or shipping failures due to unforeseen technical difficulties. So it becomes very important that one goes with a company which not only has experience in this field but can negotiate customs in different countries as well.
Some of the ways in which you can separate the best from the rest are:
- The international shipping company must know of the different shipping norm followed in different countries. This is because the vehicle has to be cleared by the customs department of the country in question. This can be a nightmare if not done properly. One also needs customs clearance before taking it out of a country.
- Depending on the kind of vehicle being bought, cargo fees can vary considerably. Customs clearance also requires payment of fees and taxes. So it is very important to choose a shipping company which knows needs to be done.
- Make sure that your vehicle is shipped in specialized cargo vehicle containers. This will not only provide safety as well as security during transit. Many have cargo holds which allows them to store the vehicle in question for a few days till the consignee is ready to take delivery of the same.
- Some companies offer comprehensive vehicle insurance while transporting them. This is a very important part of the deal. Do not book without insurance as crossing international boundaries might not be a smooth journey for the vehicle.
- Many offer GPS tracking facilities for your vehicle. This allows you to keep a tab on the whereabouts of your vehicle at all times.
We at Cargo Force have been doing just that for quite some time now. International vehicle shipping requires clearing many different formalities at various stages. In fact till date we have delivered each and every vehicle shipped with us in time without any hassles to our customers.